Now that summer is here, the thought of a hot drink may not be as appealing to you as it was during the fall and winter. Frosty drinks are usually favoured during the summer months and frozen hot chocolate is a tasty choice.
If you’d like to switch to frozen hot chocolate for the summer, you can skip the long lines at the coffee shop.
Here’s how to make frozen hot chocolate in the office break room.
A Quick and Easy Recipe
This frozen hot chocolate recipe is from Genius Kitchen and only takes 5 minutes to make one serving. You will need the following ingredients:
- 6 fluid ounces milk
- 2 packets Carnation hot chocolate from Vancouver’s Finest
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups crushed ice cubes
- whipped cream (optional)
- additional hot chocolate mix (optional)
- Pour milk into blender. (If your office’s break room doesn’t have a blender, you can even bring a small one to the office like a Magic Bullet)
- Add hot chocolate mix and ice
- Blend first at low speed and then high speed until ice is finely crushed and slushy.
- Pour into tall glass and top with whipped cream and a dusting of hot cocoa mix, if desired.
- Add a straw and enjoy!
Try this recipe, minus the milk, using one of the decadent hot chocolate flavours from Vancouver’s Favourite. You can even explore other flavours such as the Grove Square salted caramel hot chocolate or Grove Square mocha hot chocolate!
When you arrive at the office in the morning, pop your favourite flavour of Vancouver’s Finest hot chocolate pod into the office Keurig machine. Let it chill in the refrigerator until break time. (Doing it this way should give you enough hot chocolate for two drinks!)
At break time, pour ½ cup of the chilled hot chocolate into the blender with 1 1⁄2-2 cups of crushed ice. Mix until slushy, add whatever toppings you like and enjoy!
You don’t need to spend money on frozen hot chocolate from a coffee shop while you’re working this summer. Depending on how well your office break room is stocked, you may only need a couple of items from home. Try all the delicious hot chocolate flavours from Vancouver’s Finest.